29 RESULTS FOR: WITHIN Entire Site
Query Time: 22.3994 ms
- Middle School
- This lesson plan, from Discovery Education, will help middle school students identify transition metals and discuss the properties of alloys.
- Sources of Beryllium
- Where does Beryllium come from? Only the United States, China and Kazakhstan process commercial quantities of beryllium from ore into pure beryllium metal or other beryllium-containing materials. Currently, the only fully integrated producer (from mine to mill fabrication), Materion Brush Inc., is located in the U.S.
- All Grade Levels
- Beryllium and Metal resources for All grade levels.
- Helping the Economy
- The United States is the leading producer of beryllium and a major exporter of the material. Beyond the favorable economic impact the beryllium industry makes directly, beryllium materials support the growth of many high technology industries from energy to medical to consumer electronics that employ hundreds of thousands of workers.
- Importance in Your Life
- Products containing beryllium are everywhere you are – improving your life at home, at work, on the road, at the airport or while undergoing medical procedures.
- Advances in imaging equipment, diagnostics and laser medicine have been enabled by the strength and stability of this versatile metal.
- Used in automobile airbags and electronic braking systems, weather forecasting satellites, chemical detection, fire suppression sprinkler systems and emergency rescue equipment, beryllium helps to keep us safe.
- Uses for Beryllium
- The unique properties of this lightweight metal make it a critical enabler of modern technologies extensively used throughout aerospace, defense, telecommunications and computer, energy exploration, medical diagnostic and other advanced applications.
- Did You Know
- Facts About Beryllium